I highly recommend this tart for dessert or for breakfast with a cup of coffee! It’s simple to make, not too sweet, and so delicious. This recipe is adapted from the NYTimes.
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, chilled, cut into half inch cubes
- 1 egg yolk beaten with 2 tsp water
- 1 cup raw, sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp AP flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 12oz pitted cherries
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- To make tart dough, combine flour, sugar, salt in mixing bowl. Work in chilled butter quickly until it becomes the size of peas. Mix in egg yolk mixture and knead until dough is smooth. Flatten into disk and roll out into a large circle. Press dough into tart pan and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Blind bake tart shell for 15 minutes (no need to use pie weights).
- Meanwhile, combine almonds, flour, sugar, softened butter, 2 eggs, and almond extract in food processor and pulse until smooth (2 mins).
- Pour almond batter into pre-baked shell and smooth with spatula. Press cherries into batter.
- Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees F and bake until golden, about 35 minutes.
- Once cool, dust tart with confectioners sugar.