The more ripe the bananas, the better. If you don’t have any overripe bananas, you can roast them in a 350ºF oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the skin is dark brown. This will help bring out the intense and sweet banana flavor.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown packed sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon swirl: mix 1/3 cup sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon
- Streusel topping: mix 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter + 3/4 cup granulated sugar + 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In another bowl, use an electric mixer to combine eggs, brown sugar, butter, bananas, and vanilla. Mix for about 2 minutes. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix together.
2. Add batter to greased (12 large) muffin pan, but only fill about 1/3 way up. Distribute cinnamon swirl mixture over muffin batter in pan.Fill the muffin pan with the remaining batter.
3. Sprinkle crumbly streusel mixture over the top of each muffin. Bake for about 25 minutes at 350ºF.