This carrot salad is awesome – the spicy harissa, cool mint, acidic lemon, and creamy feta all balance each other well. I didn’t think of it when I made this salad, but I plan on adding some golden raisins next time I prepare this because the sweetness should be a great addition!
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
- 4-5 medium sized carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tsp harissa
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook garlic, caraway, cumin, paprika, harissa, honey, lemon juice, and salt in the olive oil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add mixture to grated carrots.
2. Add herbs and stir until combined.
3. Top with crumbled feta.