A slice of this pie makes a delicious lunch when served with a side salad. The dough for this tart is one of the best I’ve ever made- perfectly flaky and buttery. The original recipe recommends drizzling a little honey on top, which I didn’t have on hand, but would be a tasty addition!
Tart Dough Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 ounces unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 pints grape tomatoes, seeded and sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh or slightly aged goat cheese, sliced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt + pepper
1. Combine flour, salt, butter in cuisinart and pulse until crumbly consistency. Add egg and water and blend until dough forms a ball. Remove from cuisinart and form dough into a ball. Roll out onto floured surface until it is large enough to cover tart pan. Roll dough onto rolling pin so that you can easily unroll it onto your 10-inch tart pan. Press dough into sides of tart pan.
2. Preheat oven to 425° F.
3. Spread mustard on bottom of tart dough. Evenly add tomatoes, garlic, and basil on top of mustard, followed by goat cheese slices. Drizzle balsamic and olive oil over top. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes.